Valleys of India
- Chamba Valley: Famous for its scenic, religious & Cultural aspects, this is a beautiful valley. Famous for khajjiar, Dalhousie, Bharmour, Mani-mahesh Lake, Sach pass, Pangi valley, Minjar fair.
- Sangla Valley: Located 226 kms from Shimla in Kinnaur district, Sangla is a haven containing swiftly flowing rivers / streams, snow -clad peaks, glaciers, orchards, deep forests & endless meadows -a trekker’s paradise. The road turns at Karcham (17 kms) located on Shimla- Recong-peo highway.It is a lush green valley-mighty kinner- kailash (6050 mts) towers over it. Kamru fort is worth visit & trek to chitkul (24 kms) last village on Tibetan border is a dream like.Guest houses by forest deptt. PWD & by private parties providing basic facilities are available.
- Seraj Valley: Divided into outer & inner Seraj this valley has one of the most beautiful places of Himachal-Jalori pass,Bashleo pass,Shoja, Bahu, Jibhi, Khanag Seruvalsar lake, shringa Rishi temple, Chaini Kothi. This valley is heavily wooded with deodar & wild flowers spread all over the valley. It can be approached from Shimla via Theog, Narkanda, Rampur or Mandi /Kullu via Aut, Banjar. Banjar is the main town with almost all basic facilities. One can go to Tirthan valley, Sainj valley, GHNP from this place. GHNP is just 11 kms via Gushaini from Banjar.
- Bhaba Valley: It lies around famous place Sarahan along the Bhaba River having meadows, snow-clad peaks, lakes. It can be approached via Shimla; from here one can go to picturesque Sangla valley, Pin valley and numerous high altitude treks. This is a remote, unheard valley of Himachal.
- Valley of Flowers: This protected area is wonderful paradise on earth, located in Uttaranchal (India). This place has religious significance too as it lies on the way to Hem Kund sahib, a sikh pilgrimage centre.Astonishingly vast variety of high altitude wild flowers, make this a must trek. Access to this place is through Joshimath- Govind ghat- Ghangaria located 4 kms below the valley. The route branches off about 3 kms beyond Ghangaria to Hem kund. It is a protected area now so access is restricted & no camping is allowed. The valley offers views of high altitude mountains like Nilgiri parbat.
- Hudan Valley (Chamba, Himachal, India): PANGI valley in Chamba is one of the remotest & breath-takingly beautiful valleys of HIMACHAL. Till now it was a forbidden land, but now gaining importance as a new tourist destination. It can be approached via MANALI,, (281 kms) and SACH PASS (4414 m) via CHAMBA-BAIRAGARH. The place now is well connected by road. It has splendid sub valleys like HUDAN, SURALl, and SAICHU-TWAN.
- Balh Valley (Mandi, Himachal, India): Also named as SUNDERNAGAR VALLEY, this is located between Shimla Ridge & Shivalik range of Himalayas. It is divided by a stream into two parts. It extends from Gutkar to Sundernagar & from Baggi to Gumma.
- Paonta/Kirda Dun Valley (Sirmour, Himachal, India): Fed by GIRI & BATA rivers, this picturesque valley lies between the ranges of MARKANDA & DHARTI.. It is separated from famous Dehradun valley by river YAMUNA. Famous Gurudwara at PAONTA SAHIB is the main attraction of this beautiful valley.
- Kunihar Valley (Solan, Himachal, India): This beautiful valley was once the part of KUNIHAR State & extends from KUNI KHAD (stream) to TUKARDIA village.
- Nubra Valley (Ladakh,J&K-India): Also known as VALLEY OF FLOWERS, this is a well cultivated fertile valley fed by NUBRA & SHYOK Rivers. DISKIT is the largest village of the valley having Diskit Gompa. HUNDER is another beautiful place of the valley & the area between Diskit & Hunder has sand dunes where you may come across wild CAMELS. A permit is required to visit this valley. Nubra valley can be reached by crossing world's highest motorable road on the KHARDUNG LA (5602M).
- Rupsu Valley (Ladakh, J&K, and India): This valley is a very remote part located south east of LEH & is inhabited by nomadic people. The valley is very rich in wildlife where one may come across WILD ASS, FOX, MARMOT, TIBETAN WOLF. TSO MORIRI lies in this valley. Permit is required to visit this valley. Korzok is the main settlement of the valley.
- Suru Valley (Ladakh, J&K, India): This is another remote but stunningly beautiful valley of Ladakh near KARGIL. Panikhar is a nice place where the view of twin mountains of NUN (7135m) & KUN (7087m) is outstanding. RANGDUM is a nice place also having a Gompa & possibility of coming across wildlife.
- Kashmir Valley (J&K, India): Refered as paradise of earth, this is a lush green valley fed by picturesque JHELUM River. It has numerous places worthy of repeated visits. Main attractions: Srinagar town, Dal Lake, Shikaras, Shankaracharaya hills, Pahalgam, Sonmarg, Gulmarg.
- Pangi Valley: It lies in Chamba district of H.P & a place fit for serious trekkers. Located between Pir Panjal & Greater Himalayan ranges, it is a pristine land full of meadows, swift streams, gorges, high altitudes lakes & passes. Chandrabagha (Chenab) is its main river & it has numerous splendid sub-valleys. Sach pass (4428 m) connects Chamba (Bairagarh) with the valley by foot. Killar is its sub-divisional headquarter. Motorable road is through Manali- Keylong(115kms) & road diverts at Keylong for the valley.Highly recommended
- Pin Valley: It lies in Spiti sub-division of Lahaul & Spiti valley (HP) & named as land of snow leopard. The valley is fed by Pin river arising in Pin-Parbati pass (5490 m) & has pin valley National park. The place is full of Wild life viz mountain goats & their predator snow leopard. The valley is connected with Kullu via the pass & is a trek of lifetime. It can be approached via Shimla-Kinnaur-Spiti or Manali-Kaza or Manikaran-Pin- Parbati pass (by foot).
- Lingti Valley: It lies in Spiti sub-division of Lahaul & Spiti (H.P.) & fed by lingti stream, a tributary of Spiti River. On the one side in Spiti lies pin valley & on the other this picturesque valley. Tabo, Ki, Kibber (highest village in the world) lie in this valley. Route is as in case of pin valley.
- Pattan Valley: It lies in Lahaul sub-division of Lahaul & Spiti (H.P.). This is a remote valley located on Tandi-Udaipur road & fed by Chenab River. It has lush green fields of potatoes, peas & other crops & offers splendid vistas of snow-clad heights. One can go to Surajtal, Ladakh, Pangi valley from here & it can be approached through Manali-Keylong or Bharmour-Kugti pass-Keylong (trek).
- Miyar Valley: It lies in Pangi subdivision of Chamba on Keylong- Udaipur route & fed by Miyar nallah. This is a splendid valley offerring numerous scenic spots full of alpine meadows, wild flowers, medicinal herbs & is fit for explorers. This valley is for adventure loving people.
- Pabbar Valley: It lies in upper parts of Shimla (H.P.) famous for apple orchards & fed by Pabbar River. This is land of fruit laden orchards, swiftly flowing streams, higher snow-clad peaks, beautiful lakes, tough trekking routes & good nature villagers.Famous for Hatkoti temples, picturesque places like Kotkhai, Jubbal, Rohru, etal. One can go to remote villages of Dodra- Kuwar, Baspa valley in Kinnaur etc.(See treks).
- Tirthan Valley: It lies in Banjar sub-division of Kullu (H.P.) & fed by Tirthan, Bea’s tributary, originating in Great Himalayan National park. It is a very scenic valley full of secluded hamlets, waterfalls, and deodar/blue pine forests. It can be approached through Mandi-Aut –Banjar on national highway.
- Sainj Valley: It lies in Kullu (H.P.) & fed by Sainj, a tributary of Beas originating in G.H.N.P. Like tirthan valley, this is also a scenic valley full of remote hamlets & primitive forest.Route is as in Tirthan valley.
- Parbati Valley: It lies in Kullu (H.P.) & again fed by a mighty tributary of Beas, Parbati River. Famous gurdwara of Manikaran lies in this valley & is base for various treks like Pin-Parbati pass, Khirganga, Chandratal, Malana. This place is reserved for intrepid trekkers.
- Janjehli Valley: It lies in Kullu and road diverts at Mandi-Kullu highway from Pandoh. This place is 86 kms from Mandi & full of pristine beauty,deep dense forests of cedar & blue pines, orchards, etc.It may act as base for various treks like Karsog, Chindi, Ghara Goshian, Jalori pass etal.
- Karsog Valley: This little known valley lies in Mandi (H.P.) & about 120 kms from Mandi town.This is a beautiful valley full of scenic beauty, apple orchards, snow-clad peaks & can be approached through Shimla (130 kms).It has numerous shrines dedicated to local deities.
- Kangra Valley: It is undoubtedly a picturesque valley offering views of mighty Dhauladhar range & full of scenic & religious spots like Palampur, Dharamshala, Mcleodganj, Triund, Kareri & Dal lakes, Chintpurni, Jawalaji, Chumunda Devi, Bara Bangal, Chota Bangal&numerous treks (see treks).
- Kullu Valley: “Valley of gods” is such a beautiful place where anybody can go countless times & always find something new. Manali, Rohtang pass Solang, Bhrigu Lake, Tirthan / Sainj / Parbati valleys, GHNP are its main attractions.